Texas Style


Follow me on the LTK app! I link all of my outfits, makeup, Amazon finds and more! Download the LTK ( liketoknow.it) app today! User: stylebysarahelizabeth 

  

CALI STYLE VS TEXAS STYLE VS MIDWEST STYLE  


    It's common knowledge that each region of the country has different style. Different 

weather, climates, humidity or lack there of, can really determine how we are dressing and 

what we are buying. Northern California might have similar buying practices as the Midwest 

in the winter, but not southern California, and California isn't sweating it out in the humidity 

everyday like Texas is. I know that hair is important in Texas and humidity makes hair bigger 

and the higher the hair the closer to Jesus, but whew, humidity in Texas is no joke! You get 

used to it though. I know the Midwest has humidity too, but its not Texan humidity. I'm going 

to go over each state/area/region's fashion and style and what why people buy what they buy 

and dress. 


Women's clothing


CALIFORNIA 

We all know that LA is a fashion capital, but there is vastly more to the state than SoCal. 

When you think about Cali style, its relaxed, easy, surfer, classic, fashion forward. Cali style 

is as chill or dressy as you want to be. It's a melting pot of cultures so everyone feels 

comfortable to express themselves fully.  



Here is great example of Cali cool. I know the Olsen's live 

in NYC now but they are Cali girls at heart and do relaxed cool and chic better than anyone. 

They know how to buy classic, tailored pieces that are easy and relaxed enough to always 

look chic. But California is about ease, and jeans and a button up shirt are essential in any 

Cali girls wardrobe.    




     For example, off duty easy and relaxed Cali style. I'm fully

aware that she's not originally from Cali, but her stylist picked up on the style. It's put

together, easy, classy, dressy, but casual all at the same time. That's one thing I really

admire, its everything in one look and it all goes together effortlessly. Now, not everyone is

filming the Real Housewives and not everyone is in full glam everyday, but this is a nice off

duty look.

images via pinterest. 




TEXAS  

Everything is bigger in Texas, the food, the longhorns and the hair. I love Texas, I have 

family there. What I have noticed about Texan fashion is that its the perfect mix of cowgirl 

glam. I'm not good with nicknames so I'm not going to try to figure that one out lol. There 

are those who are dressed like cowboys everyday, you have the hipsters as well, and 

those ready for the red carpet. But always with some sort of oversized accessory that 

shows they're from Texas.  


 One thing unique to Texas are the cowboy boots. I 

know other southern states have them but they originated in Texas and if you go anywhere 

else outside of the state and you see someone wearing decked out boots, you're going to 

ask and wonder if they're Texan for sure. Cowboy boots can have as much bling or be as 

plain as you want, but since everything is bigger in Texas, you might as well go big and get 

all the bling.  


 Another thing to remember about Texas that it is 

the south, so the women dress classy. Class and manners and how you present yourself to 

society matter. There is a time and a place for every outfit and occasion. The outfit here is 

cute, girly, and classy, and the light colors help her stay cool in the Texan heat, because 

that heat and humidity ain't no joke. 

 This is the cowgirl glam I mentioned. She looks 

chic, cute, girly, ready for the dirt and ready to go out on the farm. Texan women care 

about their hair and makeup and appearances, but, boots, belt buckles and jeans go with 

everything. I really admire their use of turquoise jewels and natural stones. I find that to be 

a really underrated quality that they have and I really only see it in Texas and the 

southwest. I should incorporate more of natural stones and turquoise into my collection.  

images via pinterest 



MIDWEST


I have called the Midwest home now for 15 years. Holy cow it's time to move, that's a long 

time lol. One thing I have noticed is how people dress. Let's be honest I notice that about 

everyone, everywhere haha. I would describe Midwest fashion as comfy cute. Women 

don't go too out of their way to dress or to be as chic as possible. OK, I don't always either 

but there is quite a difference in the Midwest and say NYC for sure. Midwestern women 

aren't wearing sky high heels, they usually make sure they can still walk and are 

comfortable. They usually wear a casual floral dress and call that being fancy. Which is 

fine, to each their own. Fashion fades but style is forever and there is fashion for everyone 

out there. If we all dressed the same, how boring would that be? 


 This is a cute and chic and warm outfit. She dressed for 

the winter day and still looks put together. I like how her boots seem to reach the bottom of 

her coat hem so her legs are covered. This is cute, and there are plenty of options for chic 

winter attire. A pretty and simple outfit can say more about you than an extravagant one. 

Sometimes, the simpler the classier, the better.   


 And as I was saying about cute simple chic outfits, here 

is another example. This is a great outfit for fall. She can easily wear all of these pieces 

multiple other times with a variety of pieces. That's what smart shopping is about. Buy 

smarter, simpler, classic, you will have outfits for decades. She put time into her hair and 

made a conscious decision to be chic and classic, a great outfit. 


Another cute simple outfit. Midwesterners are all about comfort and feeling comfy all day. 

They don't put a ton of time into themselves, and that's okay. Not everyone has to. But this 

outfit can easily be dressed up and for a casual day running around. This is a perfect outfit 

if you're just running errands all day but you want to feel done and put together.  


images via pinterest  



             

 
Women's Dresses 



I hoped you liked my descriptions of each areas' fashion and style. Leave a comment below 

to let me know what you think! Follow me on Instagram at "stylebysarahelizabeth" . 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

PALM BEACH TRIP

Knock-off Designer Bags