PALM BEACH TRIP





PALM BEACH, FL  


    I went on a trip with my mom to Palm Beach. Neither of us had been here before and I was 

excited to have a mother/ daughter trip. This was also a first for us, as we had always done 

family trips or girls trips with other family members. 10/10 recommend. 

    
    
    Our trip was September 21 - 25th, a nice long weekend. We flew out of CVG, the 

Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport, had a layover in Atlanta, then into Palm Beach 

International Airport. We stayed at a beachfront resort called Marriott Ocean Pointe, its part of 

the vacation club, so I learned some units are time shares, and the rest is the regular hotel room. 

The hotel has three pools, a gym, basketball court, mini putt putt, corn hole, a kids water area, 

nice marketplace with fresh fruit, small bar and grill by the pool with daily deals on drinks and 

private beach access that we were able to get to from the pool. The four buildings are named 

after fish and we stayed in the Sailfish building. 

    

    The resort is a little north of Palm Beach itself, the island called Singers Island on Palm Beach 

Shores. Thursday we did lunch by the pool and for dinner we walked over to another hotel for 

dinner and sat outside. We tried shrimp stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer, pictured right, and we both had the 

ahi or mahi, I don't remember, tacos for dinner. The food was nice when we ate it, but ended up 

not agreeing with me, sadly. Fortunately, I felt better going to bed and was back to normal the 

next day and was just fine for the rest of the trip. I didn't try any new foods and kept to what I'm 

familiar with. My mom didn't have any problems, thankfully.                 


                                              


    Friday morning we went to a sanctuary called McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary . Mark McCarthy 

lives on the property with the animals. Some of the animals are pet surrenders, people, who 

shouldn't have had these wild animals in the first place, had them as pets then realized that a 

wild animal does in fact grow up and become strong and the owners have to re-home. 

Unfortunately,  because the animal wasn't in their natural habitat, they're not accustomed to 

being on their own and wouldn't be able to take care of themselves. The animals are owner 

surrendered, zoo surrendered, or they're invasive to Florida. I was able to hold a little gator, and  

according to the handler, Florida has a law that states gators have to have their mouths taped 

shut when being handled. The tape doesn't hurt them, it wasn't on tight.  


After the animals, we went back to the hotel and had a pool day. Then we walked to dinner at a 

restaurant called Johnny Longboats with a big fake shark above the bar and we both had 

burgers. 


   Saturday we did the beach. The weather was a little overcast with most of the clouds over the 

ocean instead of the land, which was nice, but the tide was really high that day so I couldn't go 

out far into the water otherwise I would have been swept away. The tide was also coming up 

really far onto the dry sand so I couldn't wade far either, the water came up to my waist. We just 

relaxed and laid around on the beach, a nice chill day. 

   

     Sunday morning we went over to West Palm and visited a science center called Manatee 

Lagoon. It's an education center and event center right on the marina. The water isn't enclosed, 

so the manatees have free range to come and go as they please, and as they should, wild 

animals aren't meant to be captive. However, this also means that you are not guaranteed to see 

any manatees and unfortunately we did not see any. Manatees go north for the summers when 

the water is cooler, and south for when the water is warmer. One can expect to see them in Palm 

Beach during November through March. An interesting fact is some of our bones are named the 

same as theirs, for example, the sternum, humorous, radius and ulna. I 

bought this pretty turtle watercolor painting and a manatee pin.                          





 







    After manatee lagoon, we went shopping on Worth Avenue. On Sunday I expected the 

sidewalk to be crowded but there were barely anyone. We found this cool store called 120% 

Lino, they design for women, men and kids. They have locations in Charleston, Nantucket, 

Miami, Milan, Palm Desert and are opening another location in Scottsdale. I bought a white silk 

and linen dress and my mom bought a bag.  



    For lunch we found a great little Italian restaurant called Cafe Via Flora and I wish I lived in 

Palm Beach so I could go back everyday. This was our favorite restaurant and we both miss it. 

It's behind Lilly Pulitzer in a little garden with a fountain. The restaurant staff spoke Italian and it 

was the most lovely atmosphere. We sat outside and my mom ordered a dish with shrimp and 

zucchini pasta and I had a bolognese dish I don't remember what it's called but with dishes were 

amazing. I wish I could ship the food here. * shop outfits here *



 




    After shopping we walked along the beach and the tide was calm today, it was really nice. 

Then we went back to the room and relaxed and finished our leftovers and packed. We left 

Monday and we both had a great time. We don't have another mom/daughter trip planned right 

now but I'm sure we will plan another one. if I left out any links for anything please let me know. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Knock-off Designer Bags