Knock-off Designer Bags

Buying Knock-off Designer Bags 


 

   Have you ever bought a knock-off designer bag? Have you ever thought about it? Buying one can be tempting; the price point, for one, is appealing, and it's also a great way to test out a particular style of bag before committing to an investment. On the other hand, where you decide to buy the bag plays a part in determining the quality. Of course, a knock-off is not going to be high-end. I decided to try this out and I wish this could have gone better. How on brand for 2020.  

    I bought a knock-off Hermes Birkin for $85, and if I could afford a real one then trust me, I would have one. Honestly, I went against my better judgement and spent the money I could have saved for a real bag on a fake one. But like I said above, you can test out a bag style and see if you like it. The bag is really cute and the shape and style is spot on for an Hermes wannabe replica. 

    HOWEVER! The bag came from China, who has been very helpful in 2020. JK. And the package was delivered
damaged and half open. The dents and damage were so bad that the bag had been permanently dented as well. The inside structure of the bag on the bottom part had been dented, so when I put my hand inside I could feel a protrusion from the dent. The inside structure did not break the leather, but the bag just standing up right, you could tell that it wasn't 100%. The dent is visible form the front view and bottom view.
 

    I put dumbbells in there, books, a bat directly on the dent and angled against a wall and structure to push the dent out. Whenever I put pressure on the dent, it would push out, but I couldn't find a way to permanently fix it. I was so bummed and this is exactly why I don't buy fake items. If this bag were real, there is NO WAY! Hermes would let the box be damaged, let alone the bag. I was so annoyed with myself. 

    I bought this off of Amazon and I told them and the seller about the issue, sent multiple pictures of the box and bag. After days of arguing with the seller who said "put something soft in there to fix it", she finally sent me the shipping
info. Also, if a baseball bat and dumbbells couldn't fix the dent, then obviously, something "soft" would not work. And yes, I told her that. Long story short, because the item had to be shipped to China, shipping was $100 minimum. Thankfully, the employee at the UPS Store informed me before we proceeded. I paid less for the bag and the $100 isn't worth this to me. 

    I 90% like the bag. Carrying the bag is really comfortable and I like the two straps, this also came with a cross-body strap and a little scarf to tie around one of the straps, but it's not long enough to look cute. So that's also annoying. IDK. I do like the bag. But I for sure learned my lesson and will only be purchasing real, high-end, designer from now on. 

    I know many who like buying knock-off replicas and have had success doing that and good for them. I am personally choosing not to going forward. I hope you learned something today. Please subscribe to my blog so you never miss a thing and please leave me your questions or comments below!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

PALM BEACH TRIP